Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day Eleven

Today, despite everything that's going on in my insane life, I'm thankful for my mother. Now, she and I have not always had a good, or even decent, relationship. Growing up was very tough for me, and I never trusted my mother enough to open up to, and to talk to about things. I'm still not entirely sure what the reason was, but I'm working on that. But since I decided to trust my mom, we've had a much better relationship. I can talk to her about things, and I can listen to her advice without an argument or getting angry. And usually, her advice is really good too! We had dinner with her today, and it was so nice. It's just comfortable to be around her now. She's wonderful with the baby, and it was really nice to have an extra set of hands tonight. I'm so happy she's my mom!

1 comment:

  1. This is an encouraging post. I'm 64 and still hoping that my three daughters will continue to keep me in their lives.

    ReplyDelete